Rashi Khanna is celebrating her birthday today, But her fans kickstarted the celebrations yesterday itself. The beautiful 25-year-old actress who stole the hearts of Telugu youth with her debut film ‘Oohalau Gusagusalade(2014), Directed by Srinivas avasarala.
Now Rashi Khanna is one of the busiest star and she shared screen with many stars like Naga Shourya, Sundeep Kishan, Gopichand, Ravi Teja etc..
Let’s see here the BIRTHDAY BABY’s past and present film details.
She debuted as an actress with the Hindi film Madras Cafe(2013) where she played the role of Ruby Singh, the wife of an Indian intelligence officer Vikram Singh portrayed by John Abraham.
Impressed with her performance in Madras Cafe, actor Srinivas Avasarala approached her for the female lead role in his directorial debut Oohalu Gusagusalade (2014) which also featured himself and Naga Shourya in the lead roles. Rashi Khanna receive positive reviews from critics. Sangeetha Devi Dundoo a critic from ‘The Hindu’ newspaper called Rashi Khanna an “actor with potential”, The film was a commercial success at the box office. And next she got many offers from telugu films. The next Rashi Khanna cameo appearance in Manam (2014). Her first commercial break was Bengal Tiger (2015).
Her next Telugu film was Joru directed by Kumar Nagendra opposite Sundeep Kishan, which she signed after Madras Cafe and while shooting for Oohalu Gusagusalade. She played the role of Annapurna whom Khanna described as a “modern yet traditional” girl who “is highly emotional and cries at the drop of a hat”, which she called an exact opposite of the character of Prabhavati she played in her previous film. Joru(2014) was a commercial failure at the box office.
- Khanna’s next was Jil(2015) directed by debutante Radha Krishna Kumar opposite Gopichand. This film received mixed reviews.
- Shivam(2015) directed by Srinivasa Reddy opposite Ram Pothineni, the film received negative reviews from the critics and was a “flop” at the box office.
- Bengal Tiger(2015) directed by Sampath Nandi opposite Ravi Teja, This film opened to mixed reviews but was commercially successful at the box office. It grossed ₹40.5 crore (US$6.0 million) globally and became the 8th highest grossing Telugu film of the year.
- Supreme(2016) directed by Anil Ravipudi opposite Sai Dharm Tej. This film commercially successful and collected 45 crores.
- Hyper(2016) directed by Santosh Srinivas opposite Ram. This film got mixed reviews and decent success.
- Oxygen (2016) directed by Jyothi Krishna opposite Gopichand. This film will release December.
She signed two Tamil films Shaitan Ka Bachcha, and Imaikkaa Nodigal these are yet to be released, marking her debut in Tamil cinema.